Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Recipe
Grilled cheese sandwiches are probably one of the easiest, most classic sandwich recipes ever invented. This buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwich blends the best of two worlds – the taste of savory buffalo, chicken and the gooey goodness of grilled cheese.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 slices GO Veggie Sriracha Deli Slices (or regular cheddar cheese)
- 8 slices bread
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or a non-dairy butter spread, at room temperature
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On unbuttered side of four slices, place 1/4 of the chicken.
- Top chicken with 2 slices of cheese, then remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches on hot skillet, cooking about 4-5 minutes on each side. Flip when golden brown.
- Sandwiches are done when cheese is melted.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to work in batches if all of the sandwiches don’t fit. Alternately, you can cook the sandwiches on a panini maker if you have one available.
- Cut in half and enjoy!