Who doesn’t love fudge, especially this time of year when the holidays are fast approaching? This Keto Cacao Nib Mint Fudge is perfectly sweet and festive without the typical sugar rush and crash.
This fudge is also a great source of healthy fats from almond butter and coconut oil. It’s very filling and provides a great energy boost, especially with the added dark chocolate!
Hands–on20 minutes Overall2 hours
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 piece)
Total Carbs 6.6 grams
Fiber 3.4 grams
Net Carbs 3.2 grams
Protein 5.1 grams
Fat 21.5 grams
of which Saturated 10.1 grams
Energy 231 kcal
Magnesium 60 mg (15% RDA)
Potassium 349 mg (17% EMR)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (9%), fat (85%)
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
. ¾ cup smooth almond butter, no oil or sugar added (188 g/ 6.6 oz)
. ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil (73 g/ 2.6 oz)
. 4 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate (100% cacao), chopped (113 g)
. ⅓ cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (53 g/ 1.9 oz)
. 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (you can make your own)
. 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
. pinch sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
. ⅓ cup cacao nibs (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
Note: Sweetener can be used to taste. Here’s a list of suitable low-carb sweeteners.
1. Chop the chocolate into small shards.
2. Place all ingredients, except cacao nibs, in a small pot over low heat. Melt together stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
3. Once melted pour the mixture into a 5 x 7 inch (13 x 18 cm) glass dish, you can line the dish with parchment paper for easy cleanup and serving if desired.
4. Top with cacao nibs and chill until set.
5. Slice into 12 or more squares to serve. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.