To some dogs (especially breeds built for cold weather), there’s nothing more exciting than a romp around a snowy yard after a winter storm. But icy conditions of the yard or cold pavements can be damaging a pet’s paws.
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) olive, sunflower, or sweet almond oil
- 2 oz. (approx. 2 tbsp.) coconut oil
- 1 oz. (approx. 1 tbsp.) shea butter
- 4 tsp. beeswax
- In a small pot or double boiler over low heat melt the oils, shea butter, and beeswax. Stir continuously until all is melted and well blended.
- Carefully pour the mixture into lip balm tubes and/or tins.
- Let them cool on the counter until hard.
- Cap and label.
- Keep away from extreme heat.
- Apply the balm as a preventive treatment or to help soften dry paw pads or noses. Use within 1 to 2 years.