This stew is made in the slow cooker, making it a great option for special occasions or busy weeknights. Serve with crusty bread or oyster crackers.
Things You’ll Need
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes,
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 8 ounce bottle clam juice,
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound haddock fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled but tails left on
- 6.5 ounce cans minced clams in clam juice,
- 8 ounces container lump crab meat, drained,
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a 4-quart slow cooker combine the tomatoes, onions, celery, clam juice, tomato paste, white wine, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning, bay leaves and salt. Cook, covered, on low heat for 6 hours.
Stir in the haddock, shrimp, clams and crab meat. Continue cooking for 45 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and the haddock flakes easily when poked with a fork. Remove bay leaves and stir in parsley.
Ladle the seafood cioppino into bowls and serve warm.
Recipe By Ashley Manila